Sunday, March 13, 2005

Its just a degree!

I feel like I don't really have much to blog about since I've sort of made peace w/ quitting grad school. Well, mostly I'm at peace. I sometimes still feel this stab in my chest. Like when I meet someone and find out that they have a PhD and then I feel this stab in my chest, like I'm inferior and I always will be, like I'm just not as important. I know that's all a load of crap, in my head I know that, but in my soul I still feel it. I know I'm not inferior because I don't have a doctorate, but this plan of having a PhD has been with me for so long. I can't even remember when I made these plans but it was the begining of college, at least. I guess I've made this degree a such a part of who I am that giving it up feels like giving up part of me. Which is totally insane, I realize that. Its just a degree. Its just a degree! I don't want all those PhD's to think less of me because I don't have one too. I think part of this is that I'm too worried about what others will think about me but the other part is that I think I'm inferior for not having a doctorate. I really need to get over both so I can truly feel at peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home